03 June 2016, Friday

On June 2, 2016, lawyers from Russian Justice Initiative sent to the court a complaint about inaction by Investigative Committee investigators and police officers in Ingushetia’s Sunzhensky District.
Aliyeva asks the court to recognize the illegality of the law enforcement agencies’ inaction, which has gone on for nearly a year now. She states that indifference to the complaints of her sister, Marem Aliyeva, about domestic violence led to her probably murder.
The police initially ignored Marem’s statements that her husband was constantly beating her. Violating the law On the Police, the police officers did not even have a preventive talk with her husband, Mukharbek Yevloyev. Marem managed to escape her home.
On July 9, 2015, Mukharbek Yevloyev, together with five armed people, broke into Yelizaveta Aliyeva’s house and demanded to know where Marem had gone. Yelizaveta and her husband were forced into a car and driven to an unknown destination. The police were called, and they came in pursuit of the car and freed the abductees, Yelizaveta Aliyeva said, but they did not detain the criminals and did not take any action at that moment when the crime had just been committed”.
A criminal case was opened only 5.5 months later. On September 19, 2015, Yelizaveta Aliyeva turned to the police after her sister Marem called her in tears and said that Mukharbek was beating her again and threatening her. After this, she never answered the phone again and her whereabouts are unknown to this day.
That same day as she received the phone call, Yelizaveta Aliyeva went to the police to make a statement about the fact that her sister had disappeared in circumstances that posed a danger to her life. A criminal case for murder was opened only two weeks later, however, on October 5, 2015. A search and seizure in Mukharbek Yevloyev’s house was conducted with substantial delay. Evidence seized was sent for forensic analysis, but 8 months later, no results had been received.  
On October 18, 2015, an explosion took place in the yard of Yelizaveta Aliyeva’s house. After receiving threats and demands to withdraw her statement about her sister’s disappearance, she was forced to leave Ingushetia.
No investigation of the criminal case is underway, the investigators have still not established Marem Aliyeva’s whereabouts, and requests to be allowed to see the case materials have been left unanswered.

Report on Rain (Dozhd) TV channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ1rwAS8Fe4
Report on Radio Svoboda: http://www.svoboda.org/media/video/27496735.html


<<< All News